Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2000/11/13 20:36:44 UTC

very specific issues I'm observing

3.

Turning on the Options Indexes, the /manual/images/ request
is displayed correctly.  However, both HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1
requests return the appropriate Last-Modified and ETag headers,
but not the Content-Type header as defined in mod_autoindex.

I think I understand this bug finally, and Ryan, you've broken
alot of modules with the filtering changes (not your fault, but
a new set of assumptions.)

mod_autoindex@1561 (or @1563) sets the r->content_type text.
Programmer assumed we are done with it @1569, since they
commanded Apache to chew out the headers.  They then go and
futz with the HEADER subrequest, etc, and probably the HEADER
subrequest ends up corrupting the header output.

That's not all... notice this concept from 1.3:

ap_send_http_header(r)

if (r->header_only) {
    return (0);
}

Perfectly legal, no?  How are we accomodating this in 2.0?

It goes to a different issue, however.  It also proved to me
that the HEADER processing wasn't mucking up anything, since
the Content-Type header still isn't set, so now I'm sure we
are loosing it elsewhere.

At least I have a spot to really start debugging, but these
clues might help anyone else interested in the problem.

Bill