Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Benjamin Sznajder <be...@il.ibm.com> on 2008/03/31 15:44:19 UTC

Some existing annotators for text entity extraction

Hello,

I am interested in pointers to groups who developped some annotators that
do "entity extraction" on texts.
Does someone have such information?

Benjamin.

Re: Some existing annotators for text entity extraction

Posted by Florian Laws <fl...@ims.uni-stuttgart.de>.
Benjamin Sznajder schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in pointers to groups who developped some annotators that
> do "entity extraction" on texts.
> Does someone have such information?
- The JULIE lab (Jena University, http://www.julielab.de ) has a Named
Entity Recognition component,
- UIMA wrappers for the OpenNLP NER (bundled with UIMA as an example),
- LingPipe NER ( see http://www.alias-i.com ),
- There is a wrapper for the Stanford NE Recognizer written by me
  (see http://www.florianlaws.de/software/ )
- I guess the ubiquitous knowledge processing group of the
  Darmstadt University also has an NER component

HTH,

Florian