Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Illya Kysil <ik...@ua.fm> on 2004/06/11 14:08:51 UTC

Struts 1.2.x binaries download?

Hi all,

Are there any Struts 1.2.x binaries downloads available?
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi reports 1.1 is the latest.

--
Illya Kysil, software developer
Delphi/C/C++/C#/Java/Forth/Assembler

Re: Struts 1.2.x binaries download?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
>That said I've the impression that struts becoming a top level
>apache project means that the requirements for release are stricter
>than when 1.1 came out. But there's certainly a hive of activity
>going on to get 1.2 released.

Actually, I wouldn't say that's true.  In fact, going forward, we
hope to release more frequently than ever.  This is independent of
the TLP status, but simply related to the goal of moving lightly.

However, it is important to note that these more frequent releases
are a different kind of release.  Rather than having releases such as
1.2b3 and 1.2rc5, there will simply be an ever growing line of 1.2.x
releases.  Then, following the pattern of httpd and Tomcat, we will
collect community responses to the released code and vote on whether
to announce a released version as "general availability".

I can tell you that at this point, there is no Struts 1.2.x release
which is more stable than the nightly builds.  (Of course, Wendy
already said that while this message was gradually being composed :)
All major development has been on hold, and in fact, Struts 1.2 has
probably reached completion on its feature set.

The current outlook (as I understand it, and we don't do this kind of
thing with a lot of formality) is to shake things up a bit on a
Struts 1.3.x line shortly after 1.2.1 is cut.  Once that happens, it
will be less true to say that the nightly builds are as stable as
anything, because I personally want to work on changing the request
processor to default to using the struts-chain, and there has also
been talk about completing the message resources refactoring to use
commons-resources in 1.3.x.

Hope that helps...
	Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: Struts 1.2.x binaries download?

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.com>.
There is chat of a release of 1.2 on the dev list, but I'm also
waiting.. I've a few internal apps running on 1.2 but like you i cant
be arsed with the bleeding edge stuff.

That said I've the impression that struts becoming a top level apache
project means that the requirements for release are stricter than when
1.1 came out. But there's certainly a hive of activity going on to get
1.2 released.

Mark

Posted by Illya Kysil <ik...@ua.fm>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.com>.

Posted by Xavier Poinsard <xp...@openpricer.com>.
Illya Kysil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there any Struts 1.2.x binaries downloads available?
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi reports 1.1 is the latest.

see below for 1.2.0 binaries :
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg94777.html