Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/22 12:47:14 UTC

How to deprecate unused Ignite's system property properly? (IGNITE-7441 Drop IGNITE_SERVICES_COMPATIBILITY_MODE system property)

Hi, Igniters!

Here is Jira issue [1] to drop one of Ignite's system property
"IGNITE_SERVICES_COMPATIBILITY_MODE" because it is not used.

I looked through git history and related Jira issues, the common conclusions:
- the property was introduced in Ignite 1.7 within the task [2] to use
LazyServiceConfiguration with premarshaled services instance;
- Ignite 2.* was released which is incompatible with 1.*;
- since Ignite 2.3 the property is completely ignored after introduced
batch deployment mode [3];

Looks like we can just remove the property without introducing any
compatibility issues.
Also, related node attribute 'ATTR_SERVICES_COMPATIBILITY_MODE' can be
safely removed.

So, my question is: can I just remove following properties or I should
deprecate them and remove all usages?
IgniteSystemProperties#IGNITE_SERVICES_COMPATIBILITY_MODE
IgniteNodeAttributes#ATTR_SERVICES_COMPATIBILITY_MODE

Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.

Re: How to deprecate unused Ignite's system property properly? (IGNITE-7441 Drop IGNITE_SERVICES_COMPATIBILITY_MODE system property)

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
Denis, thank you for the reply.

I prepared PR [1] for the task [2].

Tests look good to me (the same failures in comparison with master branch).

Could you review the PR please (it should not take a lot of time)?

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/5482

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Vyacheslav,