Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com> on 2006/09/27 17:40:25 UTC

When installing SA via jbi plugin -> Endpoint problem

I posted the Maven 2 JBI service assembly project (Phew!!) which is giving me
problems as an attachment in the 'User space' section:

http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=13814

I'm trying to write a little tutorial over in the 'User space' about getting
going with Smix development. The problem occurs when I use 'mvn
jbi:projectDeploy'. The following exception is passed back from Smix:

{bunch of stuff...}javax.jbi.JBIException: An external endpoint for service
{http://www.musiciansfriend.com}testConsumer and endpoint testConsumer is
already registered{more stuff...}

Looking at the jconsole I see the endpoints to not get removed when I am
deploying via the plugin. I suppose they should.

On a related note: when I use jconsole to stop the 'bridge' example service
assembly which I have deployed, via the 'stop' operation on the sevice
assembly, the endpoints that belong to the bridge SA go away. Literally they
disappeer on the jconsole window. I would think this is how SA's should
normally function. This does not work for the 'wsdl-first' example SA which
I also deployed using the jbi plugin, and like wise for my example project I
have posted (see above).

Funny thing though, when I redeploy the wsdl-first app I don't get the
exception about endpoints already existing. I would think I'd get the
exception, seeing how the endpoints for that SA do not seem to go away, just
like my example SA. What could be going on here?

Re: When installing SA via jbi plugin -> Endpoint problem

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
I had to manually do that as in
component.getRegistry().unregisterServiceUnit(...) but I could be
doing it wrong or it could be the way I'm registering the end points.

That said, I only worried about it when I got an endpoint already
registered when I redeployed my component.

cheers,
j.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I get the same error message. I undeploy my SA through the
jbi:undeployServiceAssembly but it doesn't remove the endpoint. Shouldn't
it? Or am I missing something?
(The SA consists of one JMS SU.)