Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Young Matthew (4004)" <ma...@forsakringskassan.se> on 2012/04/17 11:07:09 UTC

Ivy 2.2.0 POM parent reference

Hej,

Using Ivy 2.2.0 from Eclipse and pulling in the spring-data-neo4j module from:
     http://maven.springframework.org/milestone/org/springframework/data/spring-data-neo4j/2.1.0.M1/

Inside the POM there are a series of default dependencies that I want to pull down.  Have in my Ivy file:
      <dependency org="org.springframework.data" name="spring-data-neo4j" rev="2.1.0.M1" />

Set Debut with IvyDE but I don't see any attempt to handle dependencies.  Is the due to the spring-data-neo4j using a parent pom with a relative path where the versions of the dependencies are kept?  IvyDe spits out:
     Sort dependencies of : org.springframework.data#spring-data-neo4j;2.1.0.M1 / Number of dependencies = 0
  == resolving dependencies se.klistret#neo4j;working@INV000000121176->org.springframework.data#spring-data-neo4j;2.1.0.M1 [compile->*]
  loadData of org.springframework.data#spring-data-neo4j;2.1.0.M1 of rootConf=compile
           using public to resolve org.springframework.data#spring-data-neo4j;2.1.0.M1
  public: Checking cache for: dependency: org.springframework.data#spring-data-neo4j;2.1.0.M1 {*=[*]}

Not a word about the parent reference in the debug text.

Ideas?  Searched around Google but similar parent pom reference problem cast an exception.
     http://theholyjava.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/using-ivy-with-pom-xml/

Not sure if the above link is actuall or even really the concept behind it (by creating a local file structure with a dummy jar, and copying the parent pom).

Thanks / matthew

SV: Ivy 2.2.0 POM parent reference

Posted by "Young Matthew (4004)" <ma...@forsakringskassan.se>.
Tried the setup in the link below without any luck.....

Setup first the file resolver in the ivysettings.xml filen:

     <!-- POM parent relative path, failover -->

     <filesystem name="spring-data-neo4j-build" force="true" descriptor="required">

         <ivy pattern="${user.home}/.ivy2/failover/[module]/pom.xml" />

         <artifact pattern="${user.home}/.ivy2/failover/[module]/emptyJarToSatisfyIvy.jar" />

     </filesystem>

Then the modules part below that:
     <modules>
           <module organisation="org.springframework.data" name="spring-data-neo4j-parent" resolver="spring-data-neo4j-build"/>

 </modules>

Then in my file system under

     C:\Users\40042466\.ivy2\failover\spring-data-neo4j-parent

I have a copy of the parent POM saved as "pom.xml" and a dummy jar.  The parent element from the spring-data-neo4j POM is:

     <parent>

<groupId>org.springframework.data</groupId>

                             <artifactId>spring-data-neo4j-parent</artifactId>

                             <version>2.1.0.M1</version>

                             <relativePath>../spring-data-neo4j-parent/pom.xml</relativePath>

     </parent>

Ideas? / matthew