Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by we...@tigris.org on 2009/05/06 10:07:50 UTC

Problem when trying to do svnsync slave master

Hello everybody

i'm trying to perform a repository replication using svnsync.
To do that and to limit access to the replicated repository, i configured the destination svn server to be a slave adding this directive in the apache conf file :

SVNMasterURI http://master.server.server/svn

And to restrict the write access to this only Master server with these directives:

  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 10.0.0.1 (@IP of the master server)

I put all these directive in the same <Location>
And  i restarted apache.

When i tried to initialize the svnsync with this command

 "svnsync init http://slave/svn-proxy-sync file:///svnroot/svn-master-repos/branche --sync-username=syncuser --source-username=user1 --source-password=user1Password "

i get this error:

svnsync: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent
svnsync: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
svnsync: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to PROPPATCH request for '/svn-proxy-sync/!svn/bln/0'

The apache Log doesn't seem to show anything. I dont have any log after this command.

can someone help me to understand what is wrong whith my configuration?

Thanks