Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nagaraju Varaparla <nv...@progress.com> on 2018/11/10 16:35:40 UTC

Apache Tomcat Deploying war file every time on AIX even though there are no changes in war file.

Hi,
greetings!!

Issue Description:
Apache Tomcat Deploying war file every time on AIX even though there are no changes in war file.
This causing all my applications are getting un-registered.

Environment.
Tomcat Version: apache-tomcat-8.5.34
JAVA Version : IBM JAVA 8.5.0.25
OS : IBM AIX 6.1 (AIX VERSION 6100-09-09-1717)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Set JAVA PATH to IBM JDK 1.8.5.25.
2. Download apache-tomcat-8.5.34.
3. Set CATALINA_HOME as tomcat folder(apache-tomcat-8.5.34).
4. we can check the version of tomcat and java with catalina.sh version
5. Create sample war file and copy to webapps folder of tomcat.
6. start the tomcat (catalina.sh start)
7. Wait till tomcat explode the war file into webapps folder.(till we see the modified time of the sample folder).
8. stop the tomcat (catalina.sh stop)
9. again start the tomcat (catalina.sh start)

This will re-deploy the application. Ideally this should not happen as the war file is already deployed and not changed.
This is deleting the existing application and re-deploying.
I can see this in the log file.
An expanded directory [apache-tomcat-8.5.34/webapps/sample] was found with a last modified time that did not match the associated WAR. It will be deleted. ----> it is getting delete here
Please let us know if more information is needed.

Thanks,
Nagaraju.V

Re: Apache Tomcat Deploying war file every time on AIX even though there are no changes in war file.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Apache Tomcat Deploying war file every time on AIX even though there are no changes in war file.

Posted by David Cleary <da...@progress.com>.
Mark,

Turns out it is a JDK bug.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IV99686

While it has been fixed, we currently are required to support AIX 6.1, which doesn't have an updated JDK because IBM no longer supports that version of AIX.

Dave

Posted by Nagaraju Varaparla <nv...@progress.com>.
Mark,
   I did not find any luck with this.