Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@cloudera.com> on 2016/03/04 20:14:07 UTC

parquet-cpp 0.1 release candidate

Dear all,

Since the JIRA burndown started to stabilize, I tagged the first 0.1
release candidate of parquet-cpp:

https://github.com/apache/parquet-cpp/archive/release-0.1-rc0.tar.gz
SHA1: 9aefdbd6c14adc141d8cd7a1af681ef9e1c9e8f4

Thank you everyone for the patches and advice/support on this project!

We can fix bugs and add more tests as needed over the next week or so
before we have a release vote / tag the final release.

In the 0.2 release and onward, I suggest we focus on:

- File writing support
- Memory management improvements (e.g. in-progress PARQUET-542)
- Performance benchmarking and associated improvements

Roadmap document is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WyquzupLc3UkErO2OhqLJNQ9a84Cccc8LVUSuLQz39o/edit#

best,
Wes