Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Magnus Grimsell <ma...@idainfront.se> on 2005/01/31 18:12:18 UTC

JNDI-lookup of local EJB:s on Oracle appserver

Hi

I am using an inhouse developed framework for running serverside junit tests. The framework is built upon JUnitEE and have worked rather well for us in the past. However we are currently porting one of our applications to Oracle Application Server 10g, and here we run into trouble. The problem is that in Oracle, local ejbs cannot be looked up in the global jndi context. You must map the ejb via an ejb-ref in your web.xml (or ejb-jar.xml).

I was thinking of extending our framework so that the web.xml of the testrunner application would be generated with mappings to all local ejbs of the current ear. Is this something that is already implemented in Cactus.

When looking into Cactus I realized that its got some feature that I really want, like Ant/Eclipse integration, so switching to Cactus might be a good idea anyhow. It seems like a better idea to put the effort to make this work into a good open source project rather then into our existing framework.

*********************
Magnus Grimsell
Ida Infront Ab
magnus.grimsell@idainfront.se

RE: JNDI-lookup of local EJB:s on Oracle appserver

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Magnus,

No, this is a piece that is missing in Cactus. We have a <cactifywar> Ant
task but we're missing a <cactifyear> one that would cactify an existing EAR
and possibly do some fancy things like adding EJB mappings.

> When looking into Cactus I realized that its got some feature that I
> really want, like Ant/Eclipse integration, so switching to Cactus might be
> a good idea anyhow. It seems like a better idea to put the effort to make
> this work into a good open source project rather then into our existing
> framework.

I completely agree with this approach :-)

Here's the best way of contributing:
1/ You create a JIRA issue for this
2/ You use the Cactus-dev mailing list to discuss. You may have questions
and we can help you understand the cactus code base, etc.
3/ Once you have a patch against CVS HEAD ready you attach it to the
above-mentioned JIRA issue
4/ One Cactus committer applies it

Thanks a lot
-Vincent