Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Blasdel, Jerry" <J....@TriCorInd.com> on 2007/11/06 16:41:11 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.6 Windows 2003

We finally got our issue resolved.  The ultimate problem was with how
C++ Express reads internal and external manifests differently on Windows
2003 server and Windows XP.

The solution:

* clean build of openssl and Apache
* ran the mt.exe tool to correct the internal manifest for all .so .dll
and .exe files (identity 2 for all not 1 for exe and 2 for .so and .dll)
so that they included the file attribute for msvcm80.dll etc.  We also
had to put the ms redist executables in Apache/bin and Apache/modules as
well as the Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest file.

Thanks,