Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2004/05/27 21:59:14 UTC

namespaced targets via

I've know about this, but a friend just brought it up to me again and
maybe I've mentioned this before....

imported.xml
    <project name="imported">
      <target name="some-target"/>
    </project>

build.xml
    <project name="build">
      <import file="imported.xml">
      <target name="another-target" depends="imported.some-target"/>
    </project>

Doesn't work, since some-target is not overridden.

It would be nice if all imported build file targets were namespaced
regardless of whether the targets were overridden or not.

What are the implications of making this change?

Thanks,
	Erik

Re: namespaced targets via

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2004, Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>
>>It would be nice if all imported build file targets were namespaced
>>regardless of whether the targets were overridden or not.
>
> +1 - as an alternative to using the unadorned target name.

Yes, it would be nice to have this too.

Also any idea about how difficult it would be to have all properties
defined in imported builds also be "namespaced", to avoid collisions?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: namespaced targets via

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 27 May 2004, Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:

> It would be nice if all imported build file targets were namespaced
> regardless of whether the targets were overridden or not.

+1 - as an alternative to using the unadorned target name.

Stefan