Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Shyam Sundar <sw...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/21 08:57:39 UTC

What's the replacement for TextNormalize class in PDFBox 2.0 ?

Hi,

We were using this TextNormalize class and its methods like
makeLineLogicalOrder(), normalizePres(), etc in our project before
upgrading PDFBox library to 2.0, but apparently this class is not available
in 2.0.

I referred migration guide at https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/migration.html,
but couldn't find anything specific on this class.

Can anyone share some info on this ?

Thanks

Re: What's the replacement for TextNormalize class in PDFBox 2.0 ?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 21.11.2017 um 09:57 schrieb Shyam Sundar:
> Hi,
>
> We were using this TextNormalize class and its methods like
> makeLineLogicalOrder(), normalizePres(), etc in our project before
> upgrading PDFBox library to 2.0, but apparently this class is not available
> in 2.0.
>
> I referred migration guide at https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/migration.html,
> but couldn't find anything specific on this class.
>
> Can anyone share some info on this ?
>
> Thanks

It was refactored away in PDFBOX-2384, see the commits there. What
remains of it is private.

Tilman