Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by ACG <fr...@idnet.com> on 2021/03/02 23:52:41 UTC

missing feature (2)

Dear Open Office people,

My mistake here.
It seems that when I installed the update the list of "recent" documents
was wiped.
It seems further that because the program no longer recognised any
"recent" documents it also failed to show the heading "recent" on the
pop up menu.
Since using Writer again it has reappeared

Adrian Grant

Dear Open Office people,

Sorry but I am not really "getting" how all this works.
I did have a log-in facility when Open Office was under Sun/Oracle - but
this seems not to have transferred.

Since downloading the recent update I am disappointed to see one feature
appears to have been removed.
When I want to go back to a file I have used recently  I would click on
the start button and then right click on the Open Office Writer short
cut icon that appeared. As with MS Word, Acrobat Reader etc.  a list of
"recent" documents would pop up.
The Writer icon had quite a short list, but it was nevertheless useful.
Now no longer - so I have to open Open Office, open Writer (so a new
document appears) and only then, within writer can I access "recent
documents" from an element in a submenu.

yours etc.
Adrian Grant

Re: missing feature (2)

Posted by Dick Groskamp <di...@apache.org>.

On 2021/03/02 23:52:41, ACG <fr...@idnet.com> wrote:
> Dear Open Office people,
>
> My mistake here.
> It seems that when I installed the update the list of "recent" documents
> was wiped.
> It seems further that because the program no longer recognised any
> "recent" documents it also failed to show the heading "recent" on the
> pop up menu.
> Since using Writer again it has reappeared
>
> Adrian Grant
>
> Dear Open Office people,
>
> Sorry but I am not really "getting" how all this works.
> I did have a log-in facility when Open Office was under Sun/Oracle - but
> this seems not to have transferred.
>
> Since downloading the recent update I am disappointed to see one feature
> appears to have been removed.
> When I want to go back to a file I have used recently  I would click on
> the start button and then right click on the Open Office Writer short
> cut icon that appeared. As with MS Word, Acrobat Reader etc.  a list of
> "recent" documents would pop up.
> The Writer icon had quite a short list, but it was nevertheless useful.
> Now no longer - so I have to open Open Office, open Writer (so a new
> document appears) and only then, within writer can I access "recent
> documents" from an element in a submenu.
>
> yours etc.
> Adrian Grant

The Recent files list will be rebuilt when you open your files.
You could open your files from the directory they are stored in and subsequently close them to show up again.

In Windows, click Start. Type *.odt (or *.od? for text, spreadsheets etc) in the Search box. Click See more results. Click Date Modified column heading. You now see every document in date order.