Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> on 2008/04/02 04:03:31 UTC

Direct mappings of list and map

I'm trying to map an entity's list and/or map directly to a table (I don't
want a separate entity for the entries).

I did find the section 7.6.1.  Container Table but its unclear how it
supposed to work, or is not working at all.
An example is:

@ContainerTable
@ElementJoinColumn
private List<EnumType> enumCollection = new ArrayList<EnumType>();

Now what I expect is a linked table that uses all the defaults for those two
annotations, however openjpa is skipping the column.

I need to do the same thing with a map. E.g Map<String, String>

Does anyone have an example of how this is supposed to work?

- Brill Pappin

Re: Direct mappings of list and map

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
Ahh, that might explain my confusion :)

Any idea when the 1.x version will be deployed tot he public repo? I'm
attempting to keep my build as reproducible as possible.

If I have to I can deploy the 1.1 version to our local archiva.

- Brill Pappin

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--