Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com> on 2015/03/19 18:34:06 UTC

Save the Date: Apache Hadoop Bug Bash / May 8th!

Hi folks,

	There are ~6,000 Hadoop JIRA issues that have gone unaddressed, including ~900 with patches waiting to be reviewed.  Among other things, this lack of attention to our backlog is making the Hadoop project very unfriendly to contributors--which is ultimately very unhealthy for the project.

	In hopes of resetting our community habits a bit, a bunch of us are organizing a "bug bash" of sorts on Friday May 8th, the day after HBase Con.  We're thinking about holding an in-person event someplace in the San Francisco Bay Area... but we definitely want this to be a virtual event for participants around the world!

	As details form, we'll let you know.  But we wanted to send an initial notice so you can save the date, and also share your ideas on how we can make this event successful.

	Thanks!

Re: Save the Date: Apache Hadoop Bug Bash / May 8th!

Posted by Sergey Belousov <se...@gmail.com>.
Would it be possible or make any sense to have some dev-images
ready and configured as required for dev work ?

Just a thought
getting dev environment up and running where I can build and run test
difficulties I have at the moment...

SB

Posted by Yongjun Zhang <yz...@cloudera.com>.
Great idea Allen, big +1!

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.
+1
I feel,we can include
a) Road map
b) Guidelines ( If possible by giving certain examples )
c) Open Discussion ( Even virtual participants can express their ideas/doubts )

Thanks & Regards
Brahma Reddy Battula

Posted by Yongjun Zhang <yz...@cloudera.com>.
Great idea Allen, big +1!