Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl> on 2007/11/27 16:59:13 UTC

Amsterdam meetup: the agenda!

Hi all,

I'm proud to present our heavily packed agenda for the Amsterdam Wicket Meetup this Friday!

We're going sky-high with our little Wicket Meetup... 86 attendees already!
If still haven't signed up, you're not too late! Rush yourself to
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/community-meetups.html

------------------------------------
            Programme
      Friday, November 30
------------------------------------

12:00 Room opens, Wifi connection, power outlets and coffee available.
      Walk-in hackaton for whoever likes to join.
12:30 Q/A Ask the experts
      Got a question for your Wicket project? Feel free to ask!
14:30 End of hackaton

15:00 Opening talk - Arjé Cahn
15:15 Apache Wicket: web applications with just Java - Martijn Dashorst
15:45 Wicket and Swing from one codebase - Johan Compagner
16:15 wicket-contrib-gmap2 - Martin Funk
16:30 [To be determined]
17:00 Wicket Portlets primer - Ate Douma
17:30 Dynamic markup and on the fly components (on binding XML to Wicket) - Wouter Huijnink
18:00 Dinner pasta buffet
19:00 Introduction to Wicket Security - Maurice Marrink
19:30 A plugin architecture for Wicket - Niels van Kampenhout
20:00 SessionStores, Pagemaps and Pages.. What does wicket store (and where) - Johan Compagner
20:30 Wicket Live On Stage! A production case study (with lots of AJAX) - Martijn Dashorst
21:00 Closing - Arjé Cahn

21:05 Sponsored drinks!

23:00 Bar closes

Please note that the programme is subject to change (even up to the very last minute :-P ).

------------------------------------
           Location
------------------------------------
Amsterdam, Felix Meritis building (www.felixmeritis.nl)
In the Shaffyroom (upstairs).

See a Google Map of the venue: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode&time&date&ttype&q=Keizersgracht%20324,%20amsterdam&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=26.339531,58.710937&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1

------------------------------------
           Logistics
------------------------------------

There'll be free coffee and tea available in the room all day. Other drinks and small food can be bought downstairs in the bar. At 18:00 hours, pasta is served - free! Free as in beer! Thanks to our sponsors! Hurray!
However, the beer itself is not free. Although this *is* open source, we kindly ask you to pay for your own beers :). To make things easier, there's a bar available in the room where you can dispose of your money and get beers in return.

------------------------------------
           Sponsors
------------------------------------

The sponsors that made this event possible are Func, Hippo, Servoy and Topicus (in no particular order). They'll be around at the meetup - pay them a visit :)

Looking forward to meeting you all this Friday,

Arjé Cahn

Amsterdam meetup: Terracotta session

Posted by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl>.
Hi all,

Jonas Bonér from Terracotta will be presenting during the hackaton, from 14:00 - 15:00.

For all of you interested in using Terracotta for your load balancing, get in early :)

-- Arje

RE: Amsterdam meetup: the agenda!

Posted by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl>.
> Cool. Though where is Terracotta in there? Didn't they plan
> on participating as well?

Yep.. Still trying to get that squeezed in :)
More news later....

Arje

Re: Amsterdam meetup: the agenda!

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Cool. Though where is Terracotta in there? Didn't they plan on
participating as well?

Eelco

Posted by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl>.
Sure, no problem :)