Posted to user@commons.apache.org by ri...@accenture.com on 2005/11/30 10:10:25 UTC

is collections 3.x code compatible with collections 2.x

hi

I just want to know that whether collections 3.x code compatible with collections 2.x . Do i have to make some changes in my code if i switch from 2.x to 3.x

please kindly reply as soon as possible

with regards,
Rishi Mishra
Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd.
Mumbai-79

Re: is collections 3.x code compatible with collections 2.x

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
v3.x is fully source compatible with v2.1, with the
exception that any methods or classes that were
deprecated in v2.x were removed.

v3.x is binary compatible EXCEPT for IteratorUtils.
See
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/compatibility.html
for full details of the chosen workaround.

Obviously we recommend using v3.1 as opposed to v3.0.
Also note that we are working towards v3.2 at the
moment.

Stephen