Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashuin Sharma Chamorro <as...@IsthmusIT.com> on 2007/05/02 01:11:50 UTC

ActionForm

In which scope does the ActionForm lives??? In request or session??

Or what??

If in the Action Class I set some values to the form, do I have to add
the form back to the request or what do I have to do so the success page
will see the modified form???

Is it this scope ??    (JSP  ---form------- > Action.java
----form-------> JSP )

Please help.

Re: ActionForm

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
It lives in whatever scope you tell it :-) There is a scope parameter on the
action tag. It defaults to session.

Objects persist until the holder is thrownaway. For requests, objects in
request scope are thrown out when the request is thrown out. Objects in the
session are thrown out when the session is thrown out, etc.

Paul