Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by anyz <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/20 13:48:53 UTC

J2 Constraints and Permissions

I am trying to implement role based sucurity in J2 where some
users/groups/roles can have elevated access from what they have by default.
I have some confusion about using J2 constraints vs permissions and
assossiations like isA and isPartOf.

Could you please guide me to proper documentation page to look into?

Thanks for your time.

Re: J2 Constraints and Permissions

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Anyz:

Any implementation involving roles normally utilizes the constraints and
profiling rules to obtain what you are probably after. The best resource
is to poke around at the default demo psml folders and users where there
were some examples of role specific pages. Here are the relevant docs:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/deployguide/guide-security-declarative-psml.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/adminguide/roles.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/adminguide/constraints.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/deployguide/guide-profile.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/adminguide/profiler.html

Most installs use constraints in place of permissions. We can give more
specific help if you get stuck configuring the profiler and/or
constraints. Also, check out past posts on this list: profiling and
constraints are a common topic.

Randy