Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Charuka Jayarathna <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/08 21:48:01 UTC

Need some help

Dear all,

I am a Masters student in Georgia State University, and hope to work
on my Theses with some contribution to Tuscany. My adviser is fine
with my suggestion to take over a Tuscany project and work on that as
for my theses. He advises me to take over a project which has enough
intellectual contribution as well as it should be a novel idea
resulting a publishable paper at the end. I appreciate if you can help
me finding some potential areas having above requirements fulfilled.

Thank you
Charuka

Re: Need some help

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charuka,

I contributed the LDAP DAS a while back.  It knows how to create a ApacheDS schema dynamically based on metadata on the SDO Objects (EMF objects really) and store, retrieve, delete DataGraph instances.

There's more work needed in the areas of:

Querying
SQL queries would have to be converted to
JNDI queries, since LDAP works with JNDI.

Also as it is right now if someone attempts
to load an Object in a graph, that objects
children are also automatically loaded.

So it needs to have proxy references established
that will automatically fetch these children if
the client wants to lazy load them.

Interface / API
A API layer that matches Tuscany's RDB DAS
needs to wrap the current API.

Support for Tuscany SDO
I used the EMF API to develop the initial
as is verison.  Ideally the DAS would work
the same with both Tuscany SDO Objects and
EMF SDO Objects.

So those are just a few areas that need work.  Please let me know if this is something of interest, and I'll do my best to provide further support.

Cheers,
- Ole

Re: Need some help

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to Tuscany Charuka,

   There are some project ideas in the following page [1].

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/getting-involved-projects.html

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Need some help

Posted by Graham Charters <gc...@googlemail.com>.
+1 to the SCA and PHP integration.  If you're interested, I would be
more than happy to help smooth the way with the associated SCA_SDO
project on PECL (http://pecl.php.net/package/SCA_SDO).

Regards, Graham.

Re: Need some help

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.