Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2013/04/25 21:37:35 UTC

Prepping for Bigtop 0.6.0

Hi!

by the latest count we've got 38 issues tagged with 0.6.0
total and half of them are blockers/critical:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20BIGTOP%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.6.0%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC

The first thing I'd like to do is to push everything
that's not either a blocker or a critical issue out
of Bigtop 0.6.0. Please take a look at the JIRAs
and promote the ones you care about before
Mon 04/29 noon PST.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Prepping for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Not sure if this is too late, but you guys might want to incorporate hive-0.11 which is currently under vote:
>
> http://s.apache.org/VDD

Good point! Thanks a million for noticing that (and also creating a JIRA).
Let me take a look at the content of the release and I'll comment on
the JIRA.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. In general we should be more proactive with the downstream components
tracking their RCs, etc. The hope is to start doing this on a regular basis
once Bigtop 0.6.0 release and we can use it as a baseline.

Re: Prepping for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Not sure if this is too late, but you guys might want to incorporate hive-0.11 which is currently under vote:

http://s.apache.org/VDD

thanks,
Arun

--