Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Aniruddha Thombare <an...@datatorrent.com> on 2016/06/23 08:14:00 UTC

Should YARN_APPLICATION_TYPE be changed to ApacheApex from DataTorrent

Hi,

StramClient.java still refers the yarn application type to be "DataTorrent".
Should it be ApacheApex?

Here is the reference to source code:

https://github.com/apache/apex-core/blob/37e4c74ecc2b89fba69b42f01ceead3ec2fe5734/engine/src/main/java/com/datatorrent/stram/StramClient.java

Line 98 says:

public static final String YARN_APPLICATION_TYPE = "DataTorrent";

Result of that is, yarn application listing shows the application of type
"DataTorrent".

Should it be ApacheApex now?

Thanks,

Aniruddha

Re: Should YARN_APPLICATION_TYPE be changed to ApacheApex from DataTorrent

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
We should capture these things in JIRA and put a label like "major-release"
so that we don't forget it when the time comes.

Posted by Sandesh Hegde <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
It is a backward incompatible change. That's used to list Apex apps.

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yes, good idea.