Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jody Brownell <jo...@corenetworks.com> on 2001/02/05 19:51:13 UTC

Help please :)

Hello,

I tried to post the following to the soap.apache list with no luck,
You are my last hope :)  When using tomcat(3.2.1) to serve soap requests
everything works
fine. When apache(1.3.17) is added to the picture I get the follwing stack
dump.

Is it possible that mod_jk.so is stripping whitespace. That is what it
sounds like.
When apache is removed from the picture, everything works as per usual.

BTW, we are using ajp13 for protocol ...

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White space is required between the public
identifier and the system identifier.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1056)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDTDScanner.
java:651)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanExternalID(XMLDTDScanner.java:
1198)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDTDScanner.java
:1104)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDocumentSc
anner.java:2192)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.access$000(XMLDocumentScanner
.java:86)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:776)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XercesParserLiaison.read(XercesParserLiaison.java:8
5)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:157)
        at samples.stockquote.GetQuote.main(GetQuote.java:103)
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol;
msg=<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>400 Bad Request</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Bad Request</H1>
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<P>
Client sent malformed Host header<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.17 Server at soap.broadjump.corenetworks.com Port
80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>
]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:167)
        at samples.stockquote.GetQuote.main(GetQuote.java:103)

Sorry if this is off topic, but it appears to be an apache/mod_jk issue.

Jody Brownell
Product Development
Core Networks Inc.
P: (902) 481-5750, ext. 2132
F: (902) 481-5799
jody.brownell@CoreNetworks.com

CoreOS - Broadband Provisioning System - http://www.CoreNetworks.com
Streamline account provisioning, support processes, IP address and DHCP
management and RF level monitoring, for both DOCSIS and proprietary systems.