Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Dionysios G. Synodinos" <ds...@noc.ntua.gr> on 2000/08/28 11:51:05 UTC

Examples on the web?

Are there any good examples on the web on how to manipulate (read-write)
an XML file using java, DOM, xerces and Apache?

Re: Examples on the web?

Posted by Joe Sabu <Jo...@dothill.com>.
Thanks Andy for the perspective.

On a related note, both Xerces and XML4J has not included
RevalidatingDomParser from the makefile; any reason? untested? not
recommended?

Thanks
Joe Sabu
Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Cocoon and other servlets?

Posted by Samuel Kock <sa...@global.co.za>.
Hi there

Is there a way of "piping" data from a servlet straight to Cocoon? What I
have is a servlet that outputs XML, which I want as input to the Cocoon
system. Is this possible?

I am using Cocoon 1.7.4 and Apache JServ.

If anyone needs more info I'll be glad to give it!

Regards

Samuel
--
Samuel Kock
Pretoria, South Africa

Re: Examples on the web?

Posted by Joe Sabu <Jo...@dothill.com>.
Or, if you want to go the tutorial way,
http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/education/xmljava/xmljava-menu.html

BTW, what's the relationship b/w apache xerces and IBM's XML4J? Does IBM
make changes to Xerces ? I see that XML4J currently does no have the latest
Xerces version.

Anyway, Dionysios should not worry about them right away.

JS
Another way: Dig in the archive of this huge mailing list :-)
_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org

Re: Examples on the web?