Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Hari, Piyush" <Pi...@intuit.com> on 2005/08/11 20:47:17 UTC

help with portlets

I want to display another JSP page in a portlet once the user clicks on a
'Submit' button. I associated the action to the processAction(ActionRequest
request, ActionResponse response)  function. I am sure it gets called. What
should I include under this to accomplish my goal ?

Please help . Your hel would be greatly appreciated. I am sitting over this
issue for long now.

Thanks in advance,
Piyush

Re: help with portlets

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Hari, Piyush wrote:
> I want to display another JSP page in a portlet once the user clicks on a
> 'Submit' button. I associated the action to the processAction(ActionRequest
> request, ActionResponse response)  function. I am sure it gets called. What
> should I include under this to accomplish my goal ?
>
> Please help . Your hel would be greatly appreciated. I am sitting over this
> issue for long now.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Piyush

Hi Piyush,

Try the Bridges GenericServletPortlet, or a similar approach.
It allows you to override the view page in a request attribute, and then
fall back to the prefs. Could probably use a PORTLET_SCOPE session
variable as well here.

     public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
     throws PortletException, IOException
     {
         String viewPage = this.defaultViewPage;

          //	allow ViewPage override by the request
		String reqViewPage = (String) request.getAttribute(PARAM_VIEW_PAGE);
		if(reqViewPage != null)
		{
			viewPage = reqViewPage;
		}

         if (this.allowPreferences == true)
         {
             PortletPreferences prefs = request.getPreferences();

             if (prefs != null && reqViewPage == null)
             {
                 viewPage = prefs.getValue(PARAM_VIEW_PAGE,
this.defaultViewPage);
             }
         }

         if (viewPage != null)
         {
             PortletContext context = getPortletContext();
             PortletRequestDispatcher rd =
context.getRequestDispatcher(viewPage);
             rd.include(request, response);
         }