Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "SerpentMage (Christian Gross)" <ma...@devspace.com> on 2003/10/22 10:45:47 UTC

[users@httpd] LDAP Authentication and AuthType Digest

Hello,

I would like to know how to do authentication using Digest mode with
mod_auth_ldap.

My configuration that works uses Basic authentication, but I am
concerned about sending a username and password in clear text.

Granted I probably could use SSL, but I was wondering if Digest mode did
work.

Thanks

Christian Gross

Re: [users@httpd] LDAP Authentication and AuthType Digest

Posted by Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com>.
You can not use Digest with LDAP. You have to used SSL if you want to
encrypt :)

Saqib Ali
---------
http://validate.sourceforge.net <--- XHTML/HTML/DocBook Validator