Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Shane Caraveo <sh...@caraveo.com> on 1997/11/22 16:36:50 UTC

debugging php3_mod for windows

Hello,
I've been working with the php development group porting php3 to
windows.  I'm also working on the php3 server modules for apachent
1.3, isapi and nsapi.  I was wondering if I could get some input with
a problem I am having with the apache module, or perhapes some
information on how best to debug an apache module on windows.  I'm
working with vc5.  I would like to be able to do a page request and
enter debug mode right in the php code, but am not sure how to do
that with apache. (I am using 1.3b3 binary distribution for the
server, but compiled the source to get the apachecore.lib)

The problem I am currently having is with opening the phtml file.
We first call popenf, then later fdopen.  I am getting an assert
failure during the fdopen call that makes is appear as if the file
was not actualy opened, but we are checking for that during the
popenf call.

(the php3 apache module is working on the unix side)

Anyway, any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shane Caraveo

Re: debugging php3_mod for windows

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Shane Caraveo wrote:

> Hello,
> I've been working with the php development group porting php3 to
> windows.  I'm also working on the php3 server modules for apachent
> 1.3, isapi and nsapi.  I was wondering if I could get some input with
> a problem I am having with the apache module, or perhapes some
> information on how best to debug an apache module on windows.  I'm
> working with vc5.  I would like to be able to do a page request and
> enter debug mode right in the php code, but am not sure how to do
> that with apache. (I am using 1.3b3 binary distribution for the
> server, but compiled the source to get the apachecore.lib)

I remember that this was surprisingly difficult to do when I last tried
it (but haven't tried it since the 80 MB megapatch to VC5, so maybe it
got easier). Almost all approaches that should have worked didn't. I
seem to remember that either you run Apache.exe and name ApacheCore.dll
as an extra DLL (in config somewhere), or you run ApacheCore.dll with
Apache.exe as the app. It'd be nice if you'd let us know what works.

Cheers,

Ben.