Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "James H. Cloos Jr." <cl...@jhcloos.com> on 1996/04/06 18:29:04 UTC

2 more patches

I've uploaded to /httpd/incoming a air of patches against the CVS tree:

pipe-log-patch replaces all the foo_log_child() functions in the
logging modules with a single copy of the function defined in alloc.c,
where spawn_child is defined.

error-log-patch, which requires pipe-log-patch, allows ErrorLogs to be
pipes.  I've not decided whether I think this is a Good Thing to do,
hense the separate patch file.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.	<URL:http://www.jhcloos.com/~cloos/>
cloos@jhcloos.com	Work: cloos@io.com

Re: 2 more patches

Posted by "James H. Cloos Jr." <cl...@jhcloos.com>.
JimC> error-log-patch, which requires pipe-log-patch, allows ErrorLogs
JimC> to be pipes.  I've not decided whether I think this is a Good
JimC> Thing to do, hense the separate patch file.

Ben> I've been meaning to do this ... its a Good Thing because it lets
Ben> you use the log rotater.

My only concern was a complete loss of error messages.

-JimC