Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jigar Gosar <ji...@directi.com> on 2007/10/26 13:36:07 UTC

Where do I place Java Request Sampler classes

More specifically how do I tell jmeter to pick up my  Java Request
Sampler classes from a particular directory. One thing I have tried is
to jar the files and put them in \lib\ext folder, is there any other way
to tell jmeter to pick up files from some other directory without jaring
them?

I have tried using user.classpath in jmeter.properties file, but when I
fire up jmeter the Java Request Sampler doesn't show my classes in the
dropdown box. Its only when I jar them and put them in the \lib\ext
folder jmeter picks them.

I have also tried FAQ's "I've set the CLASSPATH, but JMeter is not
picking up my Jars" section. I used -cp in jmeter.bat and specified my
classes folder containing Java Request Sampler classes but jmeter's gui
is not picking up my classes.

Please advise on how to tell jmeter to pick up my Java Request Sampler
files from a custom folder.

thanks.

--
jigar gosar
bottoms up :)

Re: Where do I place Java Request Sampler classes

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The class path is fully described in:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#classpath

Please also read the descriptions of user.classpath and search_paths in:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#configuring_jmeter