Posted to user@hive.apache.org by abhiTowson cal <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/27 18:30:36 UTC

HIVE AND HBASE

hi all,

I am trying to install HIVE and HBASE

Is there any dependency needs to be installed ?

what versions of HIVE and HBASE are compatible?

Is there any good document on configuring HIVE with HBASE , can any
please share?

Regards
Abhishek

Re: HIVE AND HBASE

Posted by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com>.
If you are using the latest release (0.9), you would need atleast
hbase-0.92 installed. If you are using the CDH stack, I would recommend
recompiling hive with CDH dependencies to avoid any surprises. You can find
more information about it here[1].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hbaseintegration.html

--
Swarnim