Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain BERGEON <s....@wanadoo.fr> on 2001/06/06 22:41:12 UTC

Cocoon documentation ???

Hi,

I'm new in the list and I have problems to understand all the basic concepts
of Cocoon.

I've been turning around XML/XSLT for two years (essentialy using the MSXML
parser
from M.cr.s.ft) and during this time I regulary heard and read about Cocoon.

I was afraid, because java, servlet engines was, in my mind, very far and
complex.

In reality, it tooks me just a few hours to install cocoon on my Win2K
workstation,
under IIS 5.0 and through ServletExec 3.0 (It's probably ServletExec that
took me hours).

I was then impressed to see that an XML/XSLT web site I made one year ago
(and that were processed on the server by an ASP page using MSXML) have been
directly usable
by simply copying it into Cocoon environement and changing some styleSheet
Declarations.

I'm sure now that I'll spend time to understand more about Java servlets and
Cocoon .

And that's the reason of my post ...

Does anybody knows about printable documentation that talk about Cocoon
concepts like
producers / processors / transformers, whith shemas (graphics), that could
be understood by
the newBie I am ???

I tried to print out some of the xml.apache.org docs but the layer is larger
than a page and so it's cropped.
Does its content could be processed and transformed into a PDF Document for
example ?
I imagine that Cocoon could do this for me, isn't it ?

Many thanks  to all the Cocoon team for this wonderPowerFull software.

Sylvain Bergeon,