Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Eva Rissmann <ev...@gmx.de> on 2005/10/24 21:38:32 UTC

Index downwards compatible?

Hi all,
currently we are using Lucene 1.3, but soon we'd like to switch to
Lucene 1.4. Can the old index be used or does it have to be recreated?
And what about Lucene 1.9/2.0. Is the index downwards compatible?

Thanks
Eva

Re: Index downwards compatible?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Eva,

Please see the CHANGES file (you can see it directly in the
repository), where we record all important changes to the code,
including index compatibility changes.

Otis