Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Hurkoo <ah...@tenzeng.com> on 2005/11/15 01:55:58 UTC

Javadoc within the maven generated site

Does anyone knows how to generate the javadoc in the maven site,

I did this

<reporting>
	<plugins>
      <plugin>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
</reporting>

It generates the javadoc, but when I click the link on the maven generated
site, it does not work.

changelog-maven-plugin problem

Posted by Ashley Hurkoo <ah...@tenzeng.com>.
I am not sure where the error is coming from, it just says FATAL ERROR

Also is there a way to run just the changelog plugin instead of of doing mvn
site:site and wait forever?

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>

  <scm>

<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:ashley@10.4.0.243:/usr/local/cvsroot:LGEnterpris
e</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:cvs:pserver:ashley@10.4.0.243:/usr/local/cvsroot:LG
Enterprise</developerConnection>
    </scm>

[INFO] [site:site]
[WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport -
AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()
[WARNING] Error loading report
org.apache.maven.changelog.DeveloperActivityReport - AbstractMethodError:
canGenerateReport()
[WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.changelog.FileActivityReport
- AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()
[INFO] Generate "changelog" report.
[INFO] Generating changed sets xml to:
c:\Ashley\modules\MMS_IA\LGEnterprise\target\changelog.xml
[INFO] ChangeSet between 2005-10-16 and 2005-11-16: 0 entries
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:398)
        at
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.getUserList(ChangeLog.java:530)
        at
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.replaceAuthorIdWithName(ChangeLog.java:
541)
        at
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.doExecute(ChangeLog.java:370)
        at
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.getChangeLog(ChangeLogReport.java
:263)
        at
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.generateChangeSetsFromSCM(ChangeL
ogReport.java:218)
        at
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.getChangedSets(ChangeLogReport.ja
va:198)
        at
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.executeReport(ChangeLogReport.jav
a:173)
        at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.
java:117)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.generateReportsPages(SiteMojo.java:80
2)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:301)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage
r.java:399)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLife
cycleExecutor.java:519)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(De
faultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:452)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFail
ures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:301)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:268)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle
Executor.java:137)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:316)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
        at
[INFO]

Re: Javadoc within the maven generated site

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
We don't generally recommend building from SVN unless you intend to
patch the code, however for the record you do this:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-plugins
and in the plugin of your choice, run:
mvn install

For now, you can do this to get the latest published build (which I've
just done):

<pluginRepositories>
  <pluginRepository>
    <id>snapshots</id>