Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2017/06/20 06:43:52 UTC

Unable to remove Slingshot from slingstart based on Sling 9

Hi,

I'm trying to get a slingstart up which is based on Sling 9 but removes
  Slingshot.

I generated a project using the slingstart-maven-archetype, and I have
two provisioning model files

src/main/provisioning/model.txt:

[feature name=model]
[artifacts]
  org.apache.sling/org.apache.sling.launchpad/9/slingstart

src/main/provisioning/sling.txt:

[feature name=sling]
[artifacts runModes=:remove]

org.apache.sling/org.apache.sling.sample.slingshot/0.8.0/slingfeature/s
lingfeature

However, slingshot is still provisioned when I build and start the
slingstart.

Is this expected to work?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Unable to remove Slingshot from slingstart based on Sling 9

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 12:17 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > ...[feature name=sling]
> > [artifacts runModes=:remove]...
>
> Maybe try with a different feature name? I have a vague memory of
> this
> getting in the way...but only vague so that might not help.

I tried various feature combinations, but to no avail. I guess
Carsten's response settles this as a WONTFIX.

Robert

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 19:09 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I think that's not possible as includes are handled before removals.
> So
> while you could remove each artifact from that feature separately,
> you
> can't remove the feature completely
> The include handling is a hack (tbh) and we could add a larger hack
> on
> top of it to support such a remove.
>
> But I would rather suggest we concentrate on getting a cleaner model.
> I'm currently working on a prototype for this and hope to get
> something
> to discuss done in the next weeks. (but that of course doesn't help
> you
> with the topic at hand)

Right, thanks for update. I will wait for that discussion then.

Robert

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler