Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeff Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2003/12/10 16:12:31 UTC

simple intake question

I have been working diligently on getting the tdk-2.3 ready and I'm
working on an intake example to include with the sample app.

It works! however, I have a pretty simple question

once the form is posted, I have the input form and data showing on the
same screen for simplicity at the moment. if the data validates and posts
correctly, the intake group still has the previous postings data in it.

I've tried just doing a simple group = null; statement in the action class
once the data has been saved, but when the screen comes back, it is still
populating the input fields with the previous rounds data.

any ideas on how to clear the intake data in the action class?

once this is worked out, I'm pretty sure my tdk is ready for release

Thanks

Jeffery Painter

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC

Re: simple intake question

Posted by Akmal Sarhan <as...@byteaction.de>.
have you tried:

Group            group = intake.get("Task", IntakeTool.DEFAULT_KEY);
 group.removeFromRequest();

Akmal

Re: simple intake question

Posted by Jeff Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
I just found that :) intake.remove( group ) is the answer

I was just reading from the intake services page... there is also a
intake-hotwo page...

anyway, problem solved. I have not really used intake that much before as
I had never took the time to actually figure out how  it all worked. but
from the sample app I just finished putting together, it is very nice

I have done as much as I feel like I can do at the moment with putting
this distro together. The sample app sets up properly and initializes with
two intake examples, the login is using intake and the notes posting uses
some intake for validation.

should give users at least a better place to start than just having to
wade through the documentation.

 http://kiasoft.com/~painter/tdk-2.3_20031210.tar.gz

I feel happy with this, my last posting of the tdk work.. please let me
know if you are also happy with it and if so maybe this will get published
to the turbine site

Thanks

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Samuel Le Berrigaud wrote:

> Aren't you looking for the information at the end of the intake how-to
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/howto/intake-howto.html
>
> part named "Removing intake information from request"
>
> SaM
>
> Jeff Painter wrote:
>
> >I have been working diligently on getting the tdk-2.3 ready and I'm
> >working on an intake example to include with the sample app.
> >
> >It works! however, I have a pretty simple question
> >
> >once the form is posted, I have the input form and data showing on the
> >same screen for simplicity at the moment. if the data validates and posts
> >correctly, the intake group still has the previous postings data in it.
> >
> >I've tried just doing a simple group = null; statement in the action class
> >once the data has been saved, but when the screen comes back, it is still
> >populating the input fields with the previous rounds data.
> >
> >any ideas on how to clear the intake data in the action class?
> >
> >once this is worked out, I'm pretty sure my tdk is ready for release
> >
> >Thanks

Jeffery Painter

- --

Re: simple intake question

Posted by Jeff Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
I just found that :) intake.remove( group ) is the answer

I was just reading from the intake services page... there is also a
intake-hotwo page...

anyway, problem solved. I have not really used intake that much before as
I had never took the time to actually figure out how  it all worked. but
from the sample app I just finished putting together, it is very nice

I have done as much as I feel like I can do at the moment with putting
this distro together. The sample app sets up properly and initializes with
two intake examples, the login is using intake and the notes posting uses
some intake for validation.

should give users at least a better place to start than just having to
wade through the documentation.

 http://kiasoft.com/~painter/tdk-2.3_20031210.tar.gz

I feel happy with this, my last posting of the tdk work.. please let me
know if you are also happy with it and if so maybe this will get published
to the turbine site

Thanks

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Samuel Le Berrigaud wrote:

> Aren't you looking for the information at the end of the intake how-to
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/howto/intake-howto.html
>
> part named "Removing intake information from request"
>
> SaM
>
> Jeff Painter wrote:
>
> >I have been working diligently on getting the tdk-2.3 ready and I'm
> >working on an intake example to include with the sample app.
> >
> >It works! however, I have a pretty simple question
> >
> >once the form is posted, I have the input form and data showing on the
> >same screen for simplicity at the moment. if the data validates and posts
> >correctly, the intake group still has the previous postings data in it.
> >
> >I've tried just doing a simple group = null; statement in the action class
> >once the data has been saved, but when the screen comes back, it is still
> >populating the input fields with the previous rounds data.
> >
> >any ideas on how to clear the intake data in the action class?
> >
> >once this is worked out, I'm pretty sure my tdk is ready for release
> >
> >Thanks

Jeffery Painter

- --

Re: simple intake question