Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by George Voronoff <Ge...@grassroots.com> on 2002/01/09 21:38:24 UTC

Can you spare a paradigm?

I'm new to SOAP and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here.

In the past, when I have writtten API's that access a servers functionality I have
used an interface model.  I would get a Login interface, and have the client
call Login.login(username, password).  On successfull login, Login.login() would return
an interface to A server.  The server interface would then expose the methods that
defined the server API.

Is there a way to use soap to do something like this?

George Voronoff

Re: Can you spare a paradigm?

Posted by Jyothi K <jy...@india.softalia.com>.
Hi George,
                         You can use SOAP to do something similar. But you
need to use the toolkit provided by www.systinet.com . In wasp-advanced they
have a concept called Remote references which satisfy your requirements. Go
throught that, i think it will be helpfull to you.

Namaste,
Jyothi

Re: Can you spare a paradigm?