Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Juan Andr?s Bentancour <ja...@Argentina.com> on 2004/03/25 18:32:09 UTC

Search & DAV:like

Hi all,

I?ve implemented a searchMethod() method in a WebdavResource subclass. (thanks
Ingo). a first version is:

public Enumeration searchMethod(HttpURL httpURL, String queryXML)
throws HttpException, IOException {

	setClient();
        SearchMethod sm =
		new SearchMethod(httpURL.getEscapedPath(), queryXML);

        super.client.executeMethod(sm);
	Enumeration responseUrls = sm.getAllResponseURLs();

        System.out.println(sm.getStatusCode() +
			   sm.getStatusText() +
			   sm.getStatusLine());
        return responseUrls;
}

Now, I have another problem.  I need to use LIKE operator when I search for
properties values. For example: Retrieve all images files:

<D:searchRequest xmlns:D="DAV:">
  <D:basicSearch>
    <D:select>
      <D:prop>
        <D:getcontenttype />
      </D:prop>
    </D:select>
    <D:from>
      <D:scope>
        <D:href>/slide/files/Destinos/ImagenesSatelitales</D:href>
        <D:depth>infinity</D:depth>
      </D:scope>
    </D:from>
    <D:where>
      <D:like>
        <D:prop>
          <D:getcontenttype />
        </D:prop>
        <D:literal>image%</D:literal>
      </D:like>
    </D:where>
  </D:basicSearch>
</D:searchRequest>

Status code: 422 Unprocessable Entity HTTP/1.1

(from http://www.webdav.org/dasl/protocol/draft-dasl-protocol-00.html
422 Unprocessable entity. The query could not be executed. If a text/xml
request entity was provided, then it may have been valid (well-formed) but
may have contained an unsupported or unimplemented query operator. )

If I use "EQ" instead of "LIKE" all works properly.

Is LIKE operator implemented in Slide ?

How could I implement it ?  Has anyone already done it ?

thanks in advance,

--
Juan Andres Bentancour

--------
E-mail y acceso a Internet UltraVeloz totalmente GRATIS en Buenos Aires,
Rosario, Cordoba, Mendoza, La Plata y Pilar
http://www.Argentina.com
Nro. de acceso 5078-5000 Usuario: Argentina Password: Argentina

Slide 1.0.16 Question

Posted by Peder Nordvaller <pe...@vitaminapplications.se>.
Hello,

I realize Slide 1.0.16 is outdated and isn't really supported any more, but
as I have a system running with it as a base and don't have the time to
update at the moment I have a quick question about it, if anyone have the
time to answer: If I have files in a FileContentStore, is there any way to
retrieve the actual path to a certain nodes content, if I would like to
access the files data without going through Slide?

Thankful for any hints (even references to where in the code the translation
between node-path and actual content is done so I can modify it myself to
achieve this).

Sincerely, Peder

Re: Search & DAV:like

Posted by Juan Andrés Bentancour <ja...@argentina.com>.
El jue, 25-03-2004 a las 18:27, Julian Reschke escribió:
> Juan Andr?s Bentancour wrote:
> > (from http://www.webdav.org/dasl/protocol/draft-dasl-protocol-00.html

> I'm not familiar with Slide, so I can't answer that question. The query
> itself looks fine.

:(

> Also note that the current draft for DASL is here:
>
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html>

5.5.2  Handling Optional operators
If a query contains an operator that is not supported by the server,
then the server MUST respond with a 422 (Unprocessable Entity) status
code.

DASL defines LIKE operator, but we dont have an implementation (LIKE is
an optional operator). I have no idea where to start.	any help would be
appreciated !

Juan Andrés Bentancour <ja...@argentina.com>

Re: Search & DAV:like

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Juan Andr?s Bentancour wrote:
> (from http://www.webdav.org/dasl/protocol/draft-dasl-protocol-00.html

I'm not familiar with Slide, so I can't answer that question. The query
itself looks fine.

Also note that the current draft for DASL is here:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html>

Regards, Julian