Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/29 21:14:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Mahout 0.1

Hi Team,

I just finished building a release candidate from the current 0.1
branch (rev 696307).

Please vote to officially release the release artifacts located at http://people.apache.org/~kalle/staging-area/mahout-0.1/
  as Mahout 0.1

A minimum of three binding votes (i. e. from Lucene PMC members) is
required.

    karl

Re: [VOTE] Release Mahout 0.1

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I think we should start over on 0.1 (i.e. delete the branch) and fix
Hoss's concerns w/ JIRA issues, and also do Mahout 79.

Thoughts?

On Oct 6, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Karl,
>
> Anything I can do to help out here?
>
> On Oct 1, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Karl Wettin wrote:
>
>> Ugh
>>
>> Thanks Hoss, I'm on it.
>>
>> Hold your votes!
>>

>>    karl
>>
>> 1 okt 2008 kl. 01.38 skrev Chris Hostetter:
>>

>>> FWIW, looking at this RC...
>>>
>>> chrish@asimov:~/tmp/mahout$ md5sum apache-mahout-0.1.tgz
>>> 71325edfef9b3f591973e7e7a13d0385  apache-mahout-0.1.tgz
>>>
>>> ...i don't have JAva 6 installed so i couldn't test re-compilation
>>> or
>>> running any of the examples, but i do have some ocmments on the
>>> contents
>>> of the release...
>>>
>>> 1) is the included README intended to have "TODO" as the entire
>>> "Getting Started" section ?
>>>
>>> 2) the javadocs list the version as: 0.1.2008.09.29.20.57.15 ...
>>> looks
>>> like the specversion property wasn't set when they were generated.
>>>
>>> 3) core/build.xml has javadoc.years set to "2006 - ${year}" ...
>>> none of
>>> this code is as old as 2006, correct? so i don't think that's
>>> legitimate
>>> to claim.
>>>
>>> 4) lib/ contains junit-3.8.2.jar but junit is not mentioned in
>>> NOTICE.txt
>>> ... I'm also pretty sure the JUnit license is suppose to be
>>> included in
>>> LICENSE.txt (not lib/junit-LICENSE.html)
>>>
>>> 5) ditto #4 for everything in core/lib and example/lib that isn't
>>> already
>>> included in NOTICE.txt and/or LICENSE.txt as appropriate (i don't
>>> know
>>> what most of those jars are, maybe they are mostly accounted for,
>>> but at a
>>> minimum I don't see easymock mentioned)
>>>
>>> 6) the only javadocs i see pre-built are in docs/api/ and they
>>> seem to
>>> corrispond with core/src/main/ .. should there be pre-built
>>> javadocs for
>>> examples/src/main/ as well?
>>>
>>> 7) it seems really bad that there is *zero* documentation provided
>>> beyond
>>> the javadocs ... particularly considering the javadocs have no top
>>> level
>>> info (ie: there is no overview.html in core/src/main/java/)
>>>
>>> There isn't even a single link to mahout homepage or wiki
>>> *anywhere* in
>>> the release...
>>>
>>> chrish@asimov:~/tmp/mahout/apache-mahout-0.1$ grep -r
>>> "lucene.apache.org/mahout" .