Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> on 2013/07/28 19:34:46 UTC

CloudMonkey's new home

Based on our previous discussion thread[1], we've moved CloudMonkey out of
ACS's repository to its new home [2]. Now,
with 6f84e74a68d78705a06fe58f7927f42f61453a16 on master, we no longer have
cloudmonkey in tools/cli. CloudMonkey will be within CloudStack project but
now as an independent sub-project with its own repository and will have a
faster need-basis release cycle.

For doing that, please suggest on the release process or how it should
work? If the present RM or someone wants to lead the release process?
I just want to keep it simple with fast releases whenever we have a
releasable candidate and semver[3] versioning. So, we ship things fast and
don't worry if it breaks since we'll be shipping fast. We can after a fast
lazy consensus/voting and publish via pypi and put the tarballs/zipballs
under dists/ on ASF/CloudStack.

Regards.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/tjlr753xfhpw4uk4
[2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-cloudmonkey.git