Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by corey beres <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/17 18:32:47 UTC

Contribute to jclouds

Hi all, I'm interested in contributing to jclouds. Specifically, I'd like
to help get vCloud support to API version 5.5.

Version 1.0 is not supported by my company's vCloud installation. I know
there is support for version 1.5 in jclouds-labs, but ComputeService is not
implemented (correct?), and we would like to use that generic interface.
And I figure 1.5 may be obsolete soon.

I've read the "How to Contribute" guide and "Core Concepts." I understand
usually one project is copied, but I don't know if I should start from the
vcloud or vcloud-director projects. Also I don't know if it would be better
to create a new provider or modify one of the existing vcloud providers.
And I'd appreciate any other relevant advice.

Thanks,
Corey