Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/20 00:47:16 UTC

how to add horizontal splitter (draw a line) in a dataTable

how to add horizontal splitter (draw a line) in a dataTable? Thanks. Dave

---------------------------------

Re: how to add horizontal splitter (draw a line) in a dataTable

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
The bottom line is always at the same level (let's say, always the
20th row)? You can use the t:column element and assign a style to
depending on the evalutation result of an EL expression. Something
like this:

<t:dataTable value="#{yourBacking.data}" var="d" rowIndexVar="rowIndex">
    	<t:column styleClass="#{(rowIndex == 19)? 'none' : 'bottomBorder'}">
    		<h:outputText value="#{d}"/>
    	</t:column>
    </t:dataTable>

If the row is a variable, you can change the 19 in my example to a
variable (eg, yourBacking.splitRowNumber).
You can use this kind of evaluation to render different cell styles, etc...

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
hi Bruno,

---------------------------------

Re: how to add horizontal splitter (draw a line) in a dataTable

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Dave, use the border-bottom css property to create a style that you
can use in the rowClasses attribute of the dataTable:

.bottomBorder {
border-bottom: thin dotted #00FF00
}

<h:dataTable ... rowClasses="bottomBorder">
</h:dataTable>

Regards,

Bruno