Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Maxime Petazzoni <ma...@bulix.org> on 2005/12/21 14:34:29 UTC

Release guidelines [Was: mod_mbox 0.2 goes alpha]

Hi,

I think it's clear that we have here a little problem with the release
guidelines. According to Justin, I followed them correctly in the
first place.

It seems that what we are used to and what we've done this far (making
a release candidate tarball, then vote for it to become a release as
Alpha, Beta or GA) is not what the Release Guidelines tell us to do.

If we all agree on this, I think we should correct the Release
Guidelines to add this "Release Candidate" concept.

This modification should take place in the "How to do a release ?"
section, by adding a paragraph about making a release candidate
tarball and call for a vote. The attached patch is a scratch we could
use as a starting point.

Regards,
- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.