Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/09 14:58:24 UTC

Refactoring the storeOrder service

Hi all,

recently there has been some interest, patches and improvements to the
code around orders and shopping cart.
This is great because some code in this area is very messy and there
is a lot we can do to simplify it. Moreover, this is the code that
very often is used and modified for customizations (for example in
ecommerce site).
One task we could work on is the refactoring of the "storeOrder"
service:

1) internally modify the storeOrder service so that it calls the
proper CRUD services (if available, and if not, we will create them)
instead of using the delegator storeAll method
2) modify all the other services where the Order* entities are not
stored using the CRUD services, and convert them to make use of the
CRUD services
3) at that point we may be able to cleanup some of the ECAs or SECAs
(or move some ECAs to SECAs) in the order component

We may also want to go further and, for #1, we may want to convert the
storeOrder service in Minilang.

Are there any volunteers to work on this, or part of this effort?
We could work together at this, and if there is enough interest we may
start by creating a Jira issue for this.

Jacopo

Re: Refactoring the storeOrder service

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
No time to participate but I agree that we should create an hat Jira issue if not already done

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@gmail.com>