Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org> on 2023/04/16 14:40:36 UTC

[OSPP] Call for projects and mentors for OSPP 2023

Hi all,

Glad to share that Apache StreamPipes is listed at the OSPP 2023. Open
Source Promotion Plan(OSPP)[0] is open for project registration, like
Google Summer of Code. This plan encourages college students to
participate in open-source projects and contribute.

This is the first time Apache StreamPipes has participated in the
OSPP. Apache StreamPipes community can open 2 projects at most this
year.

The call for project ideas will be open until 04/28, 2023(UTC+8). OSPP
requires that the metor should be an Apache StreamPipes commuter or
PMC member. A mentor can only mentor one project. Both mentors and
students will receive financial awards for completed projects.

 If you have great ideas, please reply to this email by following the
project template. Then I can help you to submit them.

------
[Template]

## Project Info
Project Name:
Project Description: (at most 1000 words)
Difficulty Level:
- [ ] Basic

Project Output Requirements:
Item 1:__________________________
Item 2:__________________________
Item 3:__________________________
…

Project Technical Requirements:
Item 1:__________________________
Item 2:__________________________
Item 3:__________________________
…

Project Repository: ___________

## Mentor Info
Mentor Name:
Mentor Email:
------

For `Project Repostiory`, please enter the repository address where
the project's final results(PRs and Commits) will be summited. You can
also specify multiple repository addresses.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment under this email thread.

[0] https://summer-ospp.ac.cn/

Thanks,
Zike Yang

Re: [OSPP] Call for projects and mentors for OSPP 2023

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

I get a good idea. This topic is related to the improvement of helm
chart deployment that we discussed at the last community meeting.
And I hope to be a mentor this year.

Here is my project:
------

## Project Info
Project Name: Improve Containerized Deployment and Management
Project Description: Apache StreamPipes currently supports
containerized deployment via helm chart or docker-compose, but there
is still room for improvement. The objective of this project is to
enhance containerized deployment and management features for Apache
StreamPipes. This encompasses improving configuration updates to
facilitate dynamic updates and capacity expansion/contraction by
operators. Additionally, the project aims to support the smooth
upgrading of each component and implementing a monitoring metrics
system utilizing Prometheus and Grafana.
Difficulty Level:
- [ ] Basic
- [x] Advanced

Project Output Requirements:
Item 1: Improve configuration updates
Item 2: Support to upgrade each component smoothly
Item 3: Add the monitoring metrics system
…

Project Technical Requirements:
Item 1: Familiar with Git, Github operations
Item 2: Familiar with Java
Item 3: Familiar with containerized deployment technologies such as
helm chart and docker compose
…

Project Repository: https://github.com/apache/streampipes

## Mentor Info