Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2015/04/21 13:19:24 UTC

Interesting resources about the code of conduct in our open source community

Hi all,

I would like to share with you some non-technical but useful documents:

1) the first one is the "Code of Conduct" @ the ASF: it is a document that I always keep open in my browser in order to minimize the risk of forgetting some of its points while discussing heated topics :-)
http://apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
2) the second is a video recording of one of the keynotes of ApacheCon 2015 @ Austin:
"How to Thoroughly Insult and Offend People in Your Open Source Communities": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWmrlft2FI

Regards,

Jacopo

Re: Interesting resources about the code of conduct in our open source community

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo

Thanks for sharing these links.

I watched the video and thought it was very good. It highlights a lot of the
issues facing open source projects and gives some positive advice for
resolving them.

One of the key points she raises is that everything we say on mailing lists
is public and there are now organisations actively capturing and analysing
that information.

The figures used in her presentation analysing the percentage and level of
negative mailing list comments are from Apache Ant and Apache Tomcat (but it
could as easily have been taken from any Apache project including ours).

Thanks
Sharan