Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org> on 2009/07/27 22:44:14 UTC

Popup checking

One of my colleagues has developed some code that could be useful to
Lenya. She has code the prevents the user from logging in if they have
javascript and / or popups disabled for the site. I would like to
integrate this code into Lenya.

It is quite concievable that you could use Lenya without javascript and
/ or popups, so I don't know if we want to disable the login form or
not. We certainly could display an error message that would go away if
they have javascript turned on and are not preventing popups.

Given how our link insertion code works, it is possible that someone
could be working on changes, be faced with a popup to insert a link, get
blocked, then have to reload the page to get the popups to work. At this
point they've just lost all of their changes and are now quite unhappy
with the result. If we do everything necessary at login point, this
makes their experience much nicer.

So, what do other thinks? Disable login? Or just show a message?

Richard

Re: Popup checking

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: Popup checking

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Can you make it configurable? I mean setting actionMode=prevent|warn in
> a config file, this way we do not need to uncomment. WDYT?
>
> salu2

Possibly. I'll take a look at it when I get back from Defcon.

Re: Popup checking

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 08:57 -0500, Richard Frovarp wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> > I agree that without jscript authoring does not makes sense, however I
> > am not sure whether there are people using login to their live site.
> >
> Good point
>
> > If so it maybe perfectly valid to not have jscript enabled, right? I
> > would go with the less intrusive variant and put a BIG WARNING message.
> >
> Yeah, I can do that. In fact I could put the part in to prevent logging
> in, and just comment it out. If you want that functionality, you
> uncomment the proper sections

Can you make it configurable? I mean setting actionMode=prevent|warn in
a config file, this way we do not need to uncomment. WDYT?

salu2

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Re: Popup checking

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@ndsu.edu>.