Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Simon Raveh <si...@nominum.com> on 2003/11/14 23:25:20 UTC

GenericLink

Hi,

It may be a very easy thing but I can not figure it out.
I need to use GenericLing to generate a javascript url, the format of
the URL is:

 javascript:deleteRow( 'tableId', rowIndex )

Where rowIndex  is a property of a  page

here is  the component  I was trying to use

<component id="deleteUrl" type="GenericLink">
        <binding name="href" expression="javascript:deleteRow( +
\'cname\' +, recordIndex)" />
</component>

Any suggestions

Simon

Re: GenericLink

Posted by Simon Raveh <si...@nominum.com>.
Jim Frederic wrote:

> GenericLink allows you to disable the link, but since I didn't need
> that I got the desired effect from an Any.
>
>  <component id="selectSource" type="Any">
>    <static-binding name="element" value="a"/>
>    <binding name="href"
> expression="'javascript:selectNode('+displayNode.id+',&quot;'+displayNode.name+'&quot;)'"/>
>
>  </component>
>
> This renders HTML like this:
> Node Name</a>
>
> which calls the selectNode function passing the number 5183 and the
> string "The Node Name".
>
> Note the placement of the single quote marks, which OGNL interprets as
> literal strings.
>
> -Jim
>
> Simon Raveh wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It may be a very easy thing but I can not figure it out.
>> I need to use GenericLing to generate a javascript url, the format of
>> the URL is:
>>
>> javascript:deleteRow( 'tableId', rowIndex )
>>
>> Where rowIndex  is a property of a  page
>>
>> here is  the component  I was trying to use
>>
>> <component id="deleteUrl" type="GenericLink">
>>        <binding name="href" expression="javascript:deleteRow( +
>> \'cname\' +, recordIndex)" />
>> </component>
>>
>> Any suggestions
>>
>> Simon

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Simon

Re: GenericLink

Posted by Jim Frederic <ji...@isogen.com>.

RE: GenericLink

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
You may be better off using the alternate syntax:

<binding name="href">
  "javascript:deleteRow('" + cname + "', recordIndex);"
</binding>

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components