Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Philip Balister <ph...@balister.org> on 2015/08/31 15:13:37 UTC

Building an OpenEmbedded recipe for thrift, trouble cross compiling

I've started to write an OpenEmbedded recipe for thrift to make it
easier to use thrift on embedded devices. After a couple of false starts
I realized that git has cmake support and this seem to be the
recommended path for cross builds.

I've built the thrift compilare and installed it in the x86 sysroot so I
can build stuff that needs the compiler.

The problem I am having is the thrift compiler is installed in the
sysroot as "thrift". But when cmake runs for the arm build, it is
looking for something called "thrift-compiler". It seems like the thrift
compiler is called thrift compiler, but installed as thrift. My cmake
sucks, so I am not sure where the trouble is.

Grasping at straws, I manually soft linked thrift-compiler to the thrift
executable and had a successful build.

Does anyone have any better solutions for solving this problem?

Philip