Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Guilherme Silveira <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/16 13:06:18 UTC

Zeppelin error

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am evaluating zeppelin right now but I am facing some annoying issues.
> I would like to hear from the community, maybe I am doing something
wrong.

> The number #1 annoying thing is unpredictable of some interpreters. Every
now and then I get a "pyspark interpleter not found". This is pretty
common, and it is not related to the source code itself. The same source
code, in different paragraphs, get different results. As you can see in the
example attached, the source code is exactly the same, and one paragraph is
right above the other. When I receive a pyspark interpreter not found,
there is nothing I can do besides remove the paragraph, insert a new one
and pray that the same error does not return. I would say that 30% of all
paragraphs get this error. How can I debug this?

> The second error is related to the spark configuration. Spark libraries
are working as expected and I can perform some basic ETL.

RE: Zeppelin error

Posted by Anton Bubna-Litic <An...@quantium.com.au>.
This issue was raised earlier this year: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-577

________________________________
linkedin.com/company/quantium<http://www.linkedin.com/company/quantium>
facebook.com/QuantiumAustralia<http://www.facebook.com/QuantiumAustralia>
twitter.com/QuantiumAU<http://www.twitter.com/QuantiumAU>

The contents of this email, including attachments, may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of the information is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, we would be grateful if you would notify us immediately by email reply, phone (+ 61 2 9292 6400) or fax (+ 61 2 9292 6444) and delete the message from your system.
"text":"%pyspark\r\n\r\ndef formatClusterName(index):\r\n    return 'ClusterCenter_' + str(index +1) ",

SUCCESS:
"text":"%pyspark\n\ndef formatClusterName(index):\n    return 'ClusterCenter_' + str(index + 1)",

Both look the same in the UI
Em 17 de mai de 2016 10:18, "Felix Cheung" <fe...@hotmail.com>> escreveu:
That's a great solution. If one of you don't mind opening a JIRA for this we should investigate and fix this lien ending check issue.

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 6:05 AM -0700, "Chris Winne" <ch...@missoula.mine.nu>> wrote:
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 10:06:18AM -0300, Guilherme Silveira wrote:
>    > Hi Folks,
>    >
>    > I am evaluating zeppelin right now but I am facing some annoying issues.
>    > I would like to hear from the community, maybe I am doing something
>    wrong.
>    >
>    > The number #1 annoying thing is unpredictable of some interpreters.
>    Every now and then I get a "pyspark interpleter not found". This is pretty
>    common, and it is not related to the source code itself. The same source
>    code, in different paragraphs, get different results. As you can see in
>    the example attached, the source code is exactly the same, and one
>    paragraph is right above the other. When I receive a pyspark interpreter
>    not found, there is nothing I can do besides remove the paragraph, insert
>    a new one and pray that the same error does not return. I would say that
>    30% of all paragraphs get this error. How can I debug this?
>    >
>    >

I have found that when code was pasted from an editor on windows
having evil (editorial..) CRLF endings, I had a similar problem (i.e.
%pyspark interpreter not found). Once I changed my editor to default to
LF endings, the pasting issue was gone.  This can be checked by
examining the <notebook>.json file in the notebook directory of
Zeppelin. Look for a \r\n between code lines instead of simply a \n.

Chris

Re: Zeppelin error

Posted by Guilherme Silveira <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Zeppelin error

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Zeppelin error

Posted by Chris Winne <ch...@missoula.mine.nu>.

Re: Zeppelin error

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Really appreciate for sharing the problem.

This is how Zeppelin extracting interpreter name
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-zengine/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/notebook/Paragraph.java#L137

This is how Interpreter is selected from the extracted name
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-zengine/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/notebook/NoteInterpreterLoader.java#L110

If that problem happens, could you some log messages into those two those
methods and see where the problems come from?

Thanks,
moon